PODCAST: Derek Plansky, a Principal with Informatic Ideas, Discusses State of Health Data Exchange in the HIE Arena
In the following RosettaHealth podcast interview, Derek Plansky, a Principal with Informatic Ideas, discusses state of health data exchange in the HIE arena and much more.
In the HIE arena, there are plenty of health data exchange challenges, due largely to the differentiation of each EMR implementation. The varied interpretations of interoperability standards, combined with the high-cost of connectivity and expanding data sources, also further compound these challenges.
Fortunately, the marketplace is responding by developing solutions that simplify and streamline data sharing and integration – much like what RosettaHealth is offering for the HIE arena.
In addition, Informatic Ideas helps by providing technical services for data-driven healthcare in the areas of interoperability, data analytics and helping to operationalize data insights.
Following are key insights from this podcast interview:
- More about Informatic Ideas, and how it works with HIEs. (:22)
- Interoperability challenges and opportunities for HIEs. (1:30)
- What more can be done for advancing health data exchange. (4:55)
- What the future holds for health data exchange, and how the healthcare arena will catch up with other industries. (7:12)
- How blockchain many not be the answer to today’s interoperability challenges. (8:40)
We would like to thank Derek for his time today. To learn more about Informatic Ideas, please click here.