PODCAST: Jitin Asnaani, Executive Director of the CommonWell Health Alliance, Discusses New Disruptions and Person-Centric Health Data Exchange
In the following RosettaHealth podcast interview, Jitin Asnaani, Executive Director of the CommonWell Health Alliance, discusses his passion for breaking down the barriers of health data exchange, new consumer health disruptions, and how interoperability needs to be truly person-centric.
The CommonWell Health Alliance is a not-for-profit trade association of health IT companies working together to create universal access to health data nationwide.
The organization’s overarching vision is that all health data should be available to individuals and providers regardless of where care occurs. A core part of this vision is developing a vendor-neutral platform that breaks down health data exchange barriers, as well as promoting a national infrastructure with common standards and policies.
Since the founding of the CommonWell Health Alliance five years ago, this vision has been coming to life – where much more is being done with regards to ongoing data blocking challenges today.
“While we had many discussions five years ago about reluctance to share data in the vendor community, today the focus is more about ensuring that data is being served to the right person for the right purpose at the right time,” said Asnaani in the podcast interview. “Not all health data exchange is created equal, and we are moving into an age of consumer health, which will be truly transformative.”
Following are additional insights from the interview:
- About the CommonWell Health Alliance’s vision and mission. (:32)
- Why Asnaani has such a deep passion for breaking down the barriers of health data exchange. (3:00)
- How CommonWell Health Alliance members are embracing discussions around data blockage and breaking down data silos. (6:14)
- The future of the CommonWell Health Alliance and health data exchange overall. (9:03)
- How technology is bringing forth a consumer-focused health disruption. (11:21)
- How not all exchange is created equal, and why person-centricity is driving the future of interoperability. (15:05)
To learn more about the CommonWell Health Alliance, please click here.