PODCAST: Marcia Leighton of PatientMatters Discusses Benefit of Customized Patient Payment Plans
In the following RosettaHealth podcast interview, Marcia Leighton, Executive Director of Client Services at PatientMatters, discusses how customized payment plans benefit both care organizations and patients.
PatientMatters brings compassion and consumerism to the financial experience of care, helping hospitals and health systems offer highly personalized financial solutions that improve satisfaction, cash flow, profitability and outcomes.
A core part of this mission is PatientMatters’ customized payment plans, which help patients to best pay for their care based on their overall means and needs. As a result, patients are able to get on a viable payment schedule, and the care organizations are able to collect this revenue.
Here are some highlights from this podcast interview:
- A high-level overview of PatientMatters’ solutions. (:38)
- How and why customized patient payment plans benefit hospitals. (1:35)
- How customized payment plans benefit patients, and rural communities overall. (3:20)
- How the technology behind the customized payment plans work. (5:30)
- Why we need to change the “one-size-fits-all” payment plan mindset. (7:50)
We would like to thank Marcia for speaking with us. To learn more about PatientMatters, please click here.