Earlier this month, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) made an announcement with regards to Meaningful Use Stage 3, which was music to the ears of many hospital systems.
Hospitals can now continue to use 2014 certified electronic health record technology through the end of 2018, and will be required to use 2015 certified EHR technology starting in 2019.
Here’s what that means for hospitals:
- The rule affirms a 90-day reporting for hospitals attesting to the meaningful use program in 2018.
- Hospitals have the option of continuing to meet modified Stage 2 measures for meaningful use – rather than being required to move to Stage 3 in 2018.
- This provides more time to address these components the information exchange components.
- Despite the delay, hospital systems still need to develop implementation strategies and time-lines for meeting the information exchange attestation and objectives.
- Hospital CIOs have time to research the most viable innovation options for meeting all information exchange requirements including coordination of care, secure messaging, patient portals and API access, and much more.
Do you have more questions about how to plan for meeting the information exchange requirements of Meaningful Use Stage 3?
Learn more about how EasyExchange can solve your
MU3 information exchange needs.